Friday, July 29, 2011

New Weekend Job...Kind of

So I have a new job...kind of. I went for an interview out in Sherman Oaks yesterday. It's for a consultant/ marketing rep type of position. There were about thirty women there (they apparently have men interview on a separate day than women). It was more of a panel interview and they said they would call back the ones they would want to come on board for training (back in Sherman Oaks) on Friday (today). I got a call a few hours later! I didn't get too excited because I wanted to see how many of the women would be there today. 

I had to drive all the way out there again (luckily the actual job itself will take place in the O.C. surrounding area). There were about twelve women today for the training, so that made me feel good. So I won't go into the details of the position because I signed a confidentiality agreement (about the training material), but I will say that I don't know exactly how this will pan out. This position is only on weekends (Sat. 11-6 PM & Sun 11-2 PM). This will be a part time thing with financial growth opportunity in regards to bonuses. I will be treated as an independent sub contractor for this company, which gave me a few ideas about my future endeavors... 

I would've been very skeptical about something like this in the past, but I think I'm much more open minded and willing to try new stuff. If it doesn't work out, oh, well.  At least I tried it out. Plus, I think it can help me in developing my people skills and ability to talk to strangers. So the worse that can happen is I take is as a learning experience and better myself. We'll see what happens.

I feel that since I left my last actual job I've gotten a boost of self confidence in every aspect of my life. I feel as though I'm more outspoken with nothing to hide. Although that can sometimes get me in trouble because I don't always think before I speak and sometimes I can hurt people's feelings when I'm too blunt. 


And again I got a funny, lovey feeling when seeing the L.A. skyline again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment