Saturday, July 23, 2011

Going out, CLUBBIN'!

So I went to a club last night. I went to EMBER nightclub in Anaheim. I went with one of my girlfriends. One of her guy friends was celebrating his birthday with a group of other friends. She just wanted to meet them separately because she doesn't like to drink much or get too crazy. Ladies in free before 10:30 PM on guestlist! That's always a plus for women! I can't complain.


Once we got in we went straight to the dance floor, which was pretty empty. We were on the main dance floor which was playing latin stuff like spanish rock, merengue, cumbias, etc. Then her friends got there and we began dancing with them. An hour into it and I was already sweaty--good thing I wore my hair up! I enjoyed dancing with her friends because it eliminated regular, club-going guys from approaching us from behind and pretending they're doing you (that always gets on my nerves). The good thing about dancing with people you know (or people that your friends know) is that they will respect you & your bubble when you dance together.


We went to the restroom, and when we got back to the dance floor we started dancing with her two guy friends. The one I was dancing with left and then some random guy approached me. So I thought nothing of it and danced with him. What a surprise that he started dancing too close from behind. So after the one song I danced with him I just told him I would keep dancing with my friends. He smiled and shook my hand thanking me for dancing with him. I thought that was really nice. 


That so would not have happened at a club in L.A. In L.A. a guy would come up behing you trying to hump you and if you tell him you don't want to dance they give you the evil eye and sometimes curse at you or something. They get pissed off because they just want to get laid that night. I just like clubbing because I love to dance! It has to be a good DJ though, that plays a lot of electronic dance music, especially since I know how to shuffle now (Oh, I did shuffle at the club last night, lol...good thing I wore flats).


So, back to last night. I danced with some other guy and this guy was dancing facing me and had space in between us. We probably danced for like 3 or 4 songs. Then I just went back to dancing with my friend and her friend--three-way dance, lol. All in all I had a very fun night! Very good work out, since I didn't drink. It had been about 2 years or so since I had gone to Ember nightclub. It was pretty good. They used to not let anyone in if they didn't get valet parking there. They don't do that anymore, so that's good. I can't wait to go again next time! (I'm so glad I have a boyfriend who doesn't get jealous or anything about me dancing with other guys. It's just dancing, and some guys just overreact because they're insecure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment