Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Officially Unemployed

As of today, I am officially unemployed! I decided I no longer want to be a slave to my job. There's so much uncertainty. The old me would not be happy about this. Since I've decided to take my life in a new direction, it feels great! I thought about it last night, kept going over the pros and cons about leaving this company (That's typical me over analyzing everything). It's a weird feeling because I've never done this before.

Last night I structured what my school schedule will be (for dance classes)- I have a primary schedule, but I also have an alternate schedule prepared in case I don't get in to my first choices. Either way I will be doing ballet, jazz, modern, social dance (tango, waltz, etc.), hip hop, and possibly Afro-Caribbean dance. I'm so excited about only focusing on dance! Today I might even start a folklorico workshop at Cal Poly Pomona (crossing my fingers). Aside from that I will be doing folklorico every Friday and Sunday with the group "Ballet Folklorico Internacional" and my first performance with the group will be July 31 at the Baldwin Park Performing Arts Center- I'm excited about performing again!

One of my favorite quotes is "On my death bed I would rather regret things I did, than to regret the things I did not do." If I regret anything now, I can at least say I did it!

So cliche, but "the world is my oyster!" The possibilities are endless!



No comments:

Post a Comment